Experience and Skills:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all essential responsibilities and tasks of all Universal Banker levels proficiently.
- Drive all aspects of the sales and service processes. Set goals for the staff and ensure accountability for the sales and referral performance. Plan and facilitate weekly meetings to discuss results, product promotions, etc. Endure that all results are achieved.
- Foster and promote exceptional client service based upon guidelines set in the Branch Service Level Agreement.
- Proactively manage the new account opening lean process. Meets regularly with staff to discuss oversights and provide coaching.
- Proactively identify sales opportunities with an emphasis on establishing profitable client relationships and deepening existing client relationships. Promote, explain, and sell all personal banking products and services. Ask clients for referrals.
- Provide motivation and coaching to staff to ensure that assigned personal banking incentive goals are achieved. Conduct skill practice and provide feedback following the observations of live client interactions. Monitor tracking of personal banking incentive program.
- Develop and implement plans to include calling on maturing accounts, leads, referrals, new account follow-up, and other prospecting opportunities for the designated market area. Track results in the CRM and follow up as appropriate.
- Develop new business opportunities and conduct outside sales calls; Analyze client base and competitive environment for the market area. Monitor, evaluate, and implement adjustments to programs to ensure achievement of goals.
- Review daily overdraft report and make pay or return and charge or no charge decisions.
- Authorize transactions in accordance with bank policy (e.g., deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, wire transfers, etc.). Address and resolve client concerns and inquiries. Ensure and is held accountable for the audit integrity, risk management, and security of the branch.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of all personal banking products and services. Provide staff training to include product knowledge, sales, referrals, client service, and policy and procedures.
- Perform various audits as assigned.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and provide employee orientation.
- Manage, coach, train and support team members.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings.
- Participate in branch and bank business development activities, including community events to promote the bank's favorable image.
- Comply with all banking and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Maintain educational and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences and workshops, and involvement in professional and community groups in leadership positions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES. Directly supervise assigned employees and perform administrative duties associated with staff management (e.g., trains employees, delegate work and ensure the completion of same, review and approve timesheets, coach and counsel employees, prepare performance evaluations and conduct evaluation meetings, conduct staff meetings, makes salary and promotional recommendations, participate in recruitment, interview, and hiring process, administer progressive discipline, take action regarding departmental activities and staff, approve/disapprove requests for leave time, notify employees of mandatory training and bank meetings). Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS. Must have a professional presentation; must be a self-starter, punctual, and reliable. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; two to four years related experience and/or training in financial industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess or obtain supervisory training within one year of appointment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, clients, and the general public both face-to-face and over the telephone. Must possess good communication skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES. Must have the ability to operate a personal computer and printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone; 10-key calculator, shredder, check encoder, coin machine and currency counter. Must have good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
KEY CONTACTS--Internal and External
Has frequent contact with bank clients, their personal representatives, accountants, attorneys, etc.,
Has frequent contact with internal departments.
Has moderate contact with individuals at other financial institutions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. To effectively perform the job, must have reliable transportation to travel to and from work and other work-related events, meetings, interactions with clients, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMMENTS. Position requires the ability to work before or after normal business hours, including weekends and overnight travel, to meet required deadlines and to attend meetings and/or training programs.