Experience and Skills:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process transactions via the CSR window; verify client identity and documents produced; verify endorsement(s) and funds available; count currency; check transaction for accuracy and completeness; issue receipts; monitor and balance cash drawer; reconcile differences; maintain CSR supplies.
- Identify the client by name; provide client service to individuals in person and over the telephone; explain the bank’s policies and procedures regarding transactions. Provide accurate deposit rates (including annual percentage yields [APY’s]). Assist clients with safe deposit box entry.
- Ensure security of assigned CSR drawer; maintain proper amount of currency in cash drawer; buy, sell, and verify currency; recognize counterfeit currency; complete log books and bank slips; process large currency orders; count and bundle currency; process mutilated/unfit currency.
- Process bank by mail, night deposits, loan payments, savings bonds, cash advances, fund transfers, etc.; issue official checks, Visa Gift Cards and Travel Money Cards.
- Proficient in Bank Secrecy Act requirements including Currency Transaction Reporting, Monetary Instrument Log and detecting/reporting suspicious/unusual activity.
- Respond to loan payoff inquiries; contact Credit Operations personnel or refer client, as needed.
- Attend mandatory bank meetings and training seminars, including but not limited to, the bank’s web based training program.
- Provide awareness of banking products and services (emphasis on consumer) via outbound communication and interaction with current and prospective clients. Includes Overdraft Reserve. Make appropriate referrals; study and learn about all TS Banking Group products and services offered; gathers and organizes client information based on referrals; answer questions regarding same; make follow-up calls; use Client Relationship Management (CRM) system to prepare and proceed with the next steps in referral process (current and prospective clientele); provide feedback to supervisor and affected bank personnel.
- Comply with all company and banking regulations, policies, and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Maintain education and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences, and workshops and involvement in professional and community groups. Periodically may be asked to participate in the bank’s business development activities, represent the bank industry and professional associations, community organizations, local business groups, etc., and promote the bank’s favorable image.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES. There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.
QUALIFICATIONS. Must have a professional presentation; must be a self-starter, be punctual and reliable. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. One year of work experience as a CSR or similar work experience is preferred. Formal training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required work experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization; Must possess good communication skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES. Use of bank software and programs and other utilized web sites as needed; Operate office and bank equipment (e.g., personal computer and printer, 10-key calculator, typewriter, telephone, fax machine, copier, document scanner, television and VCR, check encoder, coin machine, currency counter, paper cutter, hole punch, dolly, safe deposit timer, vault timer, security system, etc.); Must have good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software programs; Basic CRT Inquiry.
KEY CONTACTS--Internal and External.
Has frequent contact with all departments.
Has constant contact with clients and vendors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. To effectively perform the job, must have reliable transportation to travel to and from work and other work-related events, meetings, interactions with clients, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10- 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMMENTS. Position may require the ability to work before or after normal business hours, including weekends and overnight travel, to meet required deadlines and attend various meetings and/or training programs.