Experience and Skills:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Complete the onboarding process, which includes BAI training
- Interact with the local market to gain new clients and expand relationships with existing clients
- Provide exceptional client service through quality conversations, efficient and accurate processing of client transactions and adhering to the Branch Service Level Agreement
- Sell, open, and maintain all personal banking products and services to new and existing clients, by highlighting features and benefits of bank products and cross sell/referrals to other TS Banking Group areas including commercial and small business lending and wealth management and trust
- Meet or exceed all established sales goals and contribute to branch deposit growth; track and log all interactions in the bank’s CRM system; provide feedback at weekly sales huddles; completion of 2.2.2 follow-up; Personal Banking Incentive Program participation allowed after 90-day onboarding
- Maintain a system of follow-up mail and telephone communication several times during the year with new and existing clients to generate additional business
- Answer client questions and handle objections during the sales process; diplomatically handle dissatisfied clients by providing exceptional client service
- Perform both account opening and transactional processes in the delivery of efficient, accurate and professional service that defines exceptional client service and reputation
- Proficient in personal/consumer account opening, maintenance, closing, including checking, savings, and safe deposit boxes. Adheres to lean account opening process
- Check ordering; check cashing procedures; issue cashier’s checks; process wire transfers; account maintenance; transfer/sweeps; online banking and mobile banking maintenance; stop payments; process holds and ACH/debit card disputes
- Approve overdrafts and returns (with lending authority)
- Knowledgeable in BSA requirements including CTR transactions, monetary instrument log, and detecting/reporting suspicious/unusual activity
- Provide awareness of all banking products and services via outbound communication and interaction with current and prospective clients. Make appropriate referrals and possesses a thorough knowledge of TS Banking Group products and services. Gathers and organize client information based on referrals; answer questions regarding same; make follow-up calls; use CRM system to prepare and proceed with the next steps in referral process (current and prospective clientele); provide feedback to supervisor and affected bank personnel.
- Participate in branch and bank business development activities including community events to promote the bank’s favorable image
- Proactive aisle prospecting required for in-store bankers
- Protect TS Banking Group financial interests and reputation by complying with internal and external policies, procedures and regulations.
- Proficient in deposit compliance disclosures. Comply with all banking regulations, policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Maintain educational and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences and workshops, and involvement in professional and community groups in leadership positions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES. There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.
QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE. Possess a high school diploma or GED certification required. Additional post high school education and/or training is preferred. One to two years of work experience in a financial institution and knowledge of account opening is preferred. Cash handling and prior sales experience a plus. Possess or obtain Notary Certification within three months of appointment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public. Must possess good communication skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES. Must have the ability to operate office and bank equipment, including telephone, PC and printer, 10-key calculator, fax machine, copier, document scanner, check encoder, coin machine, currency counter, safe deposit timer, and vault timer. Basic PC knowledge.
KEY CONTACTS - Internal and External
Has constant contact with bank clients, their personal representatives, accountants, attorneys, etc., in responding to inquiries as part of the client service function.
Has moderate contact with individuals at other financial institutions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS. To effectively perform the job, must have reliable transportation to travel to and from work and other work-related events, meetings, interactions with clients, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMMENTS. Position may require the ability to work before or after normal business hours, including weekends and overnight travel, to meet required deadlines and attend meetings and/or training programs.